Connectivity Events :: May 13-21
Connectivity Events :: May 13-21
Network Austin Mixer
Wednesday, May 13, 7pm - 9pm
at Mother Egan’s Irish Pub - 715 West 6th St. Austin , TX
Sheila graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in Radio Television and Film. Beginning in 1994, she immersed herself in the film industry, volunteering for numerous films and festivals and working as an extra on a variety of projects. Little did she know at the time that working as an extra would be the jumping off point in her career in film. In 1997 Sheila started working in the Extras Casting Department on “Hope Floats.” Today, she continues her work as a casting associate with Beth Sepko Casting, whose credits include the Emmy-winning NBC series Friday Night Lights as well as innumerable films and commercials. Sheila knows first hand what makes an impression on casting directors so join us on Wednesday May 13 when she will share her numerous insights with us!
thirteen23 Studio Tour
Friday, May 15, 5pm-7pm
103 E. 5th St., Suite 101, Austin, Texas 78751
thirteen23 is an award winning team of designers, developers, and UI architects dedicated to creating engaging experiences. They are a strategic design consultancy and product incubator specializing in user interface design, visual design, rapid prototyping, WPF, and .NET 3.0 development. Based in Austin, Texas, thirteen23 works with clients around the world who share a passion for creating inspiring products and interactive experiences.
Post-BarCamp Happy Hour
Sunday, May 16, 5pm - 7pm
at Hole in the Wall, 2538 Guadalupe St, Austin, Texas 78705
University of Texas, Department of Radio Television Film, MFA Thesis Films Screening
Sunday, May 16th, 9pm-11pm
All the screenings are free and open to the public. Limited seating is first come, first served. No RSVP is needed.
Austin Filmmakers Meetup
Monday, May 18th, 7pm - 9pm
Rooftop @ Whole Food's Downtown, 525 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 78703
Meetings are free to attend and open to any person with a drive to make or promote movies and new media projects such as web video series and interactive video. Food and beverage are available for an additional cost. Meeting Agenda:
1. Arrival of Members & Guests - Sign in & Make Name Tag, Order Food
2. Start Meeting by Welcoming All Attendees, New and Returning Filmmakers (Show hands)
3. AFM Announcements (Issues Regarding the Meetup)
4. Industry News & Announcements: Events, Screenings, Jobs
5. Member Projects - Members take turns report their project's progress, soliciting help when needed and sharing any stumbling blocks, difficulties or successes they may be having.
6. Member Screenings - Members bring works-in-progress for group screening & organized feedback. If you have a project for screening, please notify the Orgnizer in advance so screening equipment can be arranged.
7. New Member Introductions - Each new member will introduce him/herself to the group using these five topics as a guide.
8. Mix & Mingle - After members have heard all about each other and the projects, it's up to them to approach other members to ask to participate. Don't be bashful; we're all friends here!
Reel Women Meeting
Wednesday, May 20th, 7pm+
at the Picture Box Studio, 701 Tillery, Suite A-7. Austin, Texas 78702
Reel Women is an Austin non-profit organization that provides a support system for women at all levels of experience in the film and video experience.
Networking starts at 6:45 pm; Meetings adjourn around 9:00 pm.
All are welcome (female and male) to attend!
Visit Reel Women
Austin Flash Platform Usergroup Meeting
Thursday, May 21st, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
at the Design Center of Austin, 3601 S. Congress Ave, Suite C201
The UG meeting will feature how to efficiently work with AfterEffects and Flash.
* 6:30pm Welcome and Intro
* 6:45pm AfterEffects and Flash Integration with Roman Villarreal
* 7:15pm Show and Tell
* 7:30 Closing